Monday, February 13, 2012

my morning off

So far my morning has gone just the way I like. I got up, not to late and not to early, ate a nice breakfast, poured myself a cup of coffee, pulled out my Bible and journal and proceeded to sit at the kitchen table, feet propped up by another chair, in front of the portable heater.

I made myself a nice, little list for the day. Write a blog post, is one of the things on my list, so I am right on track.

I am contemplating taking a long, hot shower this morning. We will see.

Justine and I watched the first episode of Downton Abbey's second season last night and I hated to admit how wrapped up in it I got. I wasn't supposed to be emotionally involved like I was.

Our 4th annual North & South party is approximately two weeks away. We had the invitations professionally printed and they turned out swell, if I do say so myself.
I am hoping to work on the menu for our party today. The only thing that is set in stone is chocolate pie. Last year we had quiche, but I was hoping to do something a bit different this year, only I am not sure what.

We had a Sisters Weekend this weekend and it was marvelous, Justine and I and our two best friends, rented a hotel room for a night. We had the best time listening to music, eating popcorn, drinking tea, and just being together. The next morning we got up and went to Merritt's for a muffin and then to Starbucks for a cup of coffee. We came back to our house for the afternoon and sat in front of the fire and just talked. And talked. And talked. God has been really working in all of our lives, as of late, showing us our sinful hearts, and making us to be more like Him. It hasn't been easy, but it has been so good. I praise God for these sisters, they are wonderful.

It snowed a bit last night and I am enjoying looking out the window at the white world.

My camera hasn't been out of it's bag for over three weeks. It is a sad thing.
I will leave you with a photo I took last time I had it out.

1 comment:

  1. I love North and South. And that sounds like an ideal morning off
    Beka

    ReplyDelete