Wednesday, April 18, 2012

apart for the first time

I just realized the awful truth. Justine is going to be gone all summer.

The longest we have been apart is overnight. How am I supposed to deal with this?

It is strange to think that not only will Justine be gone, but she will be meeting people and making new friends and they won't know who I am and I won't know who they are. We have always shared friends. This will be the first time that people will know only one of us.

I don't know what I will do when I can't tell Justine things. She is practically the only person I talk to on a regular basis. Not that I have a lot to say, but it is the principle of the thing.

Good news. I can visit her on Saturdays. Which I most certainly will be doing.

In a lot of ways I am not looking forward to this summer, read: Justine not being by my side constantly. But on the flip side I am looking forward to this summer, read: Working more, thus making more money.

Despite the fact that I have some misgivings about this summer, I expect it will be a good thing for all of us.


*Update*  I thought I would share this photo of Justine and I when we were small.


1 comment:

  1. That is sad to think about. Its hard to be apart from BOTH of you. I miss you both so much. That picture is absolutely amazing. I love it a lot.
    Beka

    ReplyDelete