Tuesday, June 5, 2012

house sitting, yoga pants, and adorable kittens

Just to warn you, this post consists entirely of my ramblings and the past week for me.

Well. I am here. House sitting. It could be for a week, it could be for a little over two weeks.  I do have internet here, but it isn't wireless, so I have to be in the back bedroom, plugged into the wall, sitting on the floor.

Packing turned out not to be a big deal. I packed all my clothes in a laundry basket and brought a bag of toiletries. Have we ever discussed the insanity of how many toiletries I need and use? I don't understand it. And I don't even wear makeup! I threw the other items I needed into the car and then Mom and I bagged up food for me to bring.

I don't plan on going home, because with working so much I won't be here very often and the dog needs me. Yes, home is only ten minutes away, but ten minutes turns into twenty and then thirty, at the very least, and I really need to be here any time that I can. I have decided to not take any evening babysitting jobs while house sitting, for safety reasons and because the dog needs me here. I also won't be shopping or doing anything with friends.

It is going to work out just fine. I took this job, not because I was looking forward to it, nor because wanted to do it, but for two reasons, first because I want to be of help to them, and second, because I knew I could do it. Have fun? Maybe not. Be completely able to do it? Totally.

I am just hoping I sleep well while I am here. The past two weeks haven't been the easiest for me. For about a week I didn't sleep. Okay, okay. I *did* sleep. But not very well. It would take me between an hour to two hours to fall asleep and once I did I would sleep lightly and wake up many times throughout the night. Plus that week I was just getting over a virus and I was working a ton. By Wednesday of last week I couldn't handle it anymore. I wasn't able to function. As I sat there, that evening, trying to stay awake, I racked my mind trying to figure out what the cause of the problems might be. Not sleeping, wasn't like me. Normally I sleep quite well. The last time something like this had happened, it had turned out that I had an infection in my mouth where I had recently gotten one of my wisdom teeth removed. That wasn't the case this time.

The only thing I could think of was that I had noticed my stand up fan was blowing harder. I don't have a ceiling fan, so I have a fan at the end of my bed. I had just cleaned it out the week before and it was now working properly. In an act of desperation, I moved my fan back abut two feet from my bed and turned it away from me a little. Guess what? I slept very well. The whole issue had been that I was too cold at night.

Unfortunately, I got to bed too late the next two nights and then worked very hard on Saturday and by Sunday I was so tired that I just couldn't even handle it again. I spent the day either in my bed or on the couch.

On Thursday evening, Kerra, Caitlin, and I went over to our friend Aubry's apartment. She made us potato soup and we spent the evening catching up. I spent the evening laying on her couch trying to stay awake. My favorite part of the evening? Aaron sang a The Head and The Heart song to me. I was so happy.

 My parents had a dinner party on Friday evening, so I went with Laura and Suzanna to the Coffee House on Cherry Street. I had never been there before, it was lovely. I had a cappuccino. It was the perfect thing for me to do. I have had a busy and stressful day and laughing with two friends and encouraging each other in the Lord was just what I needed.

Saturday, I woke up and cleaned the house and then drove to The Ranch to visit Justine, we did her laundry and then headed into town for an ice cream and a jar of peanut butter. Because it was Justine I was visiting, when we went over to the staff lounge she got the bright idea of cleaning the kitchen. So I took everything out of the pantry, refrigerator, and the freezer, threw away all the expired food, wiped out the pantry and fridge, and then put everything back in. Meanwhile, Justine wiped down all the counters, cleaned the sink, microwave, and stove, and washed all the dishes. When we were done with that, we swept the whole place. By the time we were finished I was so tired. Justine and I went back to her "room" and just sat there for about an hour, not saying anything. Then Justine declared that she was going to cut her bangs, so she did. While I ate Nutella.

It was a fun trip down to see her. I was so tired on the drive home that I kept looking out the side window of the car to keep myself from staring unseen out the front of the car. I got home and crawled into bed.

On Sunday, I barely made it through Sunday School, but I was a lot better for the service, after church I came home and crashed. I watched a tv show my dad wanted me to watch and then I crawled into bed and listened to the two new Zach Winters cds I had just gotten. (Which I have to add, if you haven't ever listened to Zach Winters before PLEASE do. You won't be sad. Here,I will even provide a link to a song.) That evening Dad wanted me to go with him to get a root beer float. I really didn't feel up to it, but I didn't want to disappoint Dad, so I went. Before we left I mentioned the fact that I didn't want to change clothes, and Dad looked and me and told me I looked fine and didn't have to change. I was so happy. So I went in my button up sleep shirt and a pair of yoga pants.

Since it is getting to be dinnertime and I need to come up with something to eat, I will close with this *adorable* photo that I saw on pinterest this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment