Monday, March 4, 2013

big hair

I haven't been washing my hair very often. Probably about twice a week or every four days is all it needs. I have been using baking soda and this shampoo to wash it. Then I throw quite a bit of conditioner in it. Throughout the week I might wet my hair and condition it again, but I don't wash it.

It has been working well and my hair has quite a bit of body and curl/wave. At night if I don't shower, I will wet my hair with a spray bottle because I like the way my hair looks after I have slept on it wet.

I haven't been using heat or hairspray either.

I also have been crushing on big hair lately.

So. The other day I decided to see how big I could get my hair.

I used heat, hairspray and I backcombed it.

Sidenote: Maybe I don't know how to backcomb properly or something, but my hair falls out of the backcomb by the next day.

Anyways, this is what I came up with. I thought it was pretty stellar. I probably won't do it again for a very long time, because my poor hair can't take the heat and I am sure it didn't like being backcombed. But I had fun with it. 

My dad wasn't so sure about it, he wanted to know if I really wanted my hair to look the way it did and I informed him that yes, I had actually spent time to get it to look the way it did and I liked it a lot. He raised his eyebrows questioningly but refrained from further comment. I smiled a little smile and left the house quite cheerily.

No comments:

Post a Comment