Saturday, August 17, 2013

live in fear that i cannot be your savior

"Live in fear that I cannot be your savior."

That sums up how I think about men. I see them, love them, and want to make them a little better. You know, fix them.

If they just lived with me for a little while I would make them into an even better person. (yeah....fat chance...)

But here's the thing, it doesn't work. Never has, never will.

As the saying goes, "Men marry women expecting them not to change and they do. Women marry men hoping they will change and they don't." But it's true. And I know it's true. But I still think I can fix men.

I just look and them and think, Poor boy, he needs me.

Wow. If that isn't proud, I don't know what is.

Why am I given a desire to fix boys, when I can't even do it?

I need to channel that desire into prayer and support of them. Because that's what they need. It's just so hard, because I want to *do* something. But praying is doing something. And showing support and standing behind them is doing something.

God uses prayer and He can use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment