Thursday, January 8, 2015

in kind

My sisters and I went skiing this past week. We went with the neighbors up the street. I didn't know them very well and it was interesting watching them interact as a family. They knew how to have fun together and enjoy one another. It was refreshing. 

I spent a lot of time observing how they treated one another. They had a general kindness toward one another that, frankly, I have no understand of. 

I am not a nice person. I've known that for a long time and I haven't cared. I haven't wanted to change. My attitude was, if you didn't like me you could get over it or ignore me. 

But that's not love. 

Christ has poured out His love on me and my response should be overwhelming gratitude. That thankfulness should be manifested through me loving others. 

I've asked God to make my life hard for the purpose of growing me. I asked with fear and trembling because I know what I'm about to get myself into. 

I want to learn kindness. I don't want to just be kind. That can be faked. I want to know who I am in Christ and what He has done for me and through that have my motivation be a pure, Christ-centered one. 

God is good to me. He shows me grace and mercy. I must respond in kind. 

1 comment: